Turok is a Native American warrior who fights dinosaurs. He was originally created by Dell Comics in 1954 as "Turok, Son of Stone," with his first appearance in Four Color Comics #596. The character later moved to Gold Key Comics, and went out of publication for many years until Valiant Comics bought the license. Turok was introduced as part of the Valiant Universe in 1992, along with two other Gold Key characters Magnus, Robot Fighter and Solar, Man of the Atom. His Valiant series Turok, Dinosaur Hunter lasted 48 issues until it was concluded when Acclaim Comics took over Valiant in 1996. Acclaim rebooted the character to work better in their licensed video games. They published several new Turok comics and launched a series of successful Turok games. The license for Turok would later move to Dark Horse Comics.
The history of this property has not been written yet.
- Turok, Dinosaur Hunter #1-47, 0 (July, 1993 - August, 1996)
- Turok the Hunted #1-2 (March, 1996 - March, 1996)
- Turok (Volume 1) #1-5 (April, 1997 - April, 1998)
- Turok, Timewalker: Seventh Sabbath (August, 1997 - September, 1997)
- Turok (Volume 2) #1-4 (March, 1998 - June, 1998)
- Turok: Adon’s Curse (October, 1998)
- Turok 2: Seeds of Evil (October, 1998)
- Turok/Shadowman #1 (February, 1999)
- Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion #1 (September, 2000)
- Turok Evolution #1 (August, 2002)
- Turok: Dinosaur Hunter (video game)
- Turok 2: Seeds of Evil (video game)
- Turok: Rage Wars (video game)
- Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion (video game)
- Turok: Evolution (video game)
ReferencesEditThis section is for footnotes and citations.
| Archer & Armstrong · Bloodshot · Divinity · Doctor Mirage · Eternal Warrior · Geomancer · H.A.R.D. Corps · Harbinger · Ninjak · Quantum and Woody · Rai · Secret Weapons · Shadowman · Timewalker · Unity · X-O Manowar|
Magnus, Robot Fighter · Solar, Man of the Atom · Turok, Dinosaur Hunter