Rai is a superhero legacy in the Valiant Universe. Jim Shooter developed the character in 1991 as Valiant’s first original creation. The series began as a flipbook back-up feature in Magnus, Robot Fighter #5. It was popular enough that Rai eventually became its own series, written by Shooter. The original series ended in 1994. Valiant Entertainment later rebooted the character as part of their new universe in 2014, in the Rai series by Matt Kindt.
The series takes place in the 41st Century. Rai is the spirit guardian of Japan, a mantle that is passed down father-to-son through generations. There have been many Rais, so the series has gone through multiple protagonists. The notable Rais include Shiro Yagami, Sho Sugino, Rentaro Nakadai, Tohru Nakadai, Takao Konishi, and Obadiah Konishi. It has also been revealed that Rai is a futuristic version of Bloodshot.
There is no history section recorded here yet.
Valiant Comics Era (1991-1996)Edit
- Shiro Yagami (Valiant Comics) (1st Rai)
- Sho Sugino (Valiant Comics) (2nd Rai)
- Shinobi Nakadai (29th Rai)
- Rentaro Nakadai (Valiant Comics) (41st Rai)
- Tohru Nakadai (Valiant Comics) (42nd Rai)
- Takao Konishi (Valiant Comics) (43rd Rai)
- Obadiah Konishi (Valiant Comics) (44th Rai)
Valiant Entertainment Era (2012-Present)Edit
There are currently no videos or images in this gallery.
- Rai (Volume 1) #1-4 (published in Magnus, Robot Fighter) (October, 1991 - January, 1992)
- Rai (Volume 2) #1-8, 0, #24-33 (March, 1992 - June, 1995)
- Rai (Volume 3) #1-16 (May, 2014 - August, 2016)
This article has no collected editions listed.
This article has no non-comics media listed.
This article has no additional notes or trivia.
This section is for footnotes and citations.