4001 A.D.: X-O Manowar #1 is one of four tie-ins to Valiant's crossover event 4001 A.D.. It is a self-contained story that provides the background story of the X-O Manowar Mech-Armor class (Giant Knight; or X-O Manowar One) as seen in 4001 A.D. #1 and what had happened years before the actual event.
Flight of the X-OsEdit
- Manowar of China (Only appearance; dies)
- Manowar of England (Only appearance; dies)
- Manowar of France (Only appearance; dies)
- Manowar "La Resistance"
- Manowar of Germany (Only appearance; dies)
- Manowar "Recht und Freiheit"
- Manowar of Iran (Only appearance; dies)
- Manowar of Israel (Only appearance; dies)
- Manowar of India (Only appearance; dies)
- Manowar of Russia (Only appearance; dies)
- 2121 A.D.
- 41st Century
ROCKETING OUT OF THE PAGES OF 4001 A.D…the present and future of Valiant’s #1 hero come together for an essential standalone chapter at the heart of the summer’s blockbuster comics event!
How did the rise of Earth’s most powerful hero lead to humanity’s ultimate destruction? Just what was the War of the X-O Manowars…and how did its catastrophic fallout bring ruination and despair to a besieged planet? And why is the sacred extraterrestrial armor called Shanhara the one weapon Father fears more than any other?
The answers to the pivotal questions behind Valiant’s planet-shaking summer event arrive here as New York Times best-selling writer Robert Venditti (BOOK OF DEATH) and acclaimed artist Clayton Henry (IVAR, TIMEWALKER) blast two thousand years into the future of the Valiant Universe to reveal the never-before-told history of New Japan’s dominion over Earth…and the doomed role that the X-O Manowar armor was forever fated to play in the coming war for liberation!
100 Years from Now (2116 A.D.) Edit
After Father launches New Japan into space, killing millions, the United Nations convened to plan a counterattack. They used Shanhara to build many large versions of the X-O Manowar armor.
2121 A.D. Edit
Major Dawes, piloting Manowar One, prepares to take off with the rest of the fleet of Manowar armors to New Japan. The doors fail to open as Helix has hacked the system and attacks the base.
The Manowar Fleet takes on New Japan and is easily defeated.
Helix leaves Dawes alive to bear witness to the UN's defeat.
2300 A.D. to 4001 A.D. Edit
Manowar One is left to decay.
- Ryan Sook is credited for the 4001 A.D. logo and design.
- Father's orders: Hack/infiltrate Armors. Negate defenses. Leave one human alive to bear witness. Mission completed. Additional provocation will result in retaliation. Responses greater than nuclear will be applied. Do not reattempt. Father sees all.
- -- Helix
- X-O Manowar
This section is for footnotes and citations.